Dar es Salaam, 12th February 2017- HEINEKEN has announced that it has extended its current agreement with UEFA to sponsor the UEFA Champions League for a further three years. The new agreement will see Heineken®, the world’s leading international premium beer brand, continue as an official partner of the world’s most prestigious club football competition until the end of the 2021 competition. The partnership also includes the UEFA Super Cup 2018, 2019 and 2020. The partnership plays an important role in supporting the Heineken® brand’s business growth objectives across the world.
HEINEKEN’s relationship with UEFA dates back to 1994, making it one of UEFA’s longest standing partners. The contract renewal encompasses LED Pitch boarding exposure as well as the rights to exclusive UEFA Champions League content, such as Back Stadium Tour and UEFA Champions League Trophy Tour, presented by Heineken®.
Hans Erik Tuijt, Global Sponsorship Director, HEINEKEN, said: “HEINEKEN has enjoyed a long and successful partnership with UEFA for more than 20 years, and we look forward to continuing this. UEFA Champions League in an integral part of Heineken®’s marketing activities, from Sao Paolo to Shanghai.
Our global ‘Champion the Match’ integrated campaign is live in over 100 markets this season. Through this, as well as our acclaimed UEFA Champions League Trophy Tour, we create engaging fan experiences that go beyond the 90 minutes of the match. This activity compliments our other long-standing partnership platforms; Formula One, Rugby World Cup and James Bond.”
“We are thrilled to sponsor the UEFA Champions League for another 3 years which demonstrates the continued commitment and support of the beautiful game. We are delighted to extend the connection of the Heineken Brand with the UEFA Champions League and its passionate supporters across East Africa. It is partnerships such as these which contribute to the recognition our brand receives”, noted Heineken East Africa General Manager Uche Unigwe, addressing staff at their Nairobi offices.
- HEINEKEN has been a UEFA partner since 1994
- In 2005, Heineken® took over from HEINEKEN owned Amstel
- Heineken® will be bringing its sponsorship to over 220 countries via marketing and PR efforts.
- The UEFA Champions League is enjoyed by over 4.2 billion people around the world.
- Since 2007 the UCL Trophy Tour presented by Heineken® has visited over 35 countries in Africa, Asia, North and South America.
- Following the new deal, Heineken® sponsorship is scheduled to run until the end of the 2020/2021 season.
- The Heineken® brand, which bears the founder’s family name -Heineken- is available in almost every country across the globe and is the world’s most valuable international premium beer brand.
Heineken®- UEFA Champions League sponsorship
- The core focus of Heineken® activation of the sponsorship is to bring fans around the world high quality UEFA Champions League experiences.
- With over 150 million TV viewers watching live coverage of the UEFA Champions League in 220 countries and territories every match week, this premier-sporting event has become global and fits perfectly with the Heineken® brand, which is enjoyed in almost every country in the world.
Enjoy Heineken Responsibly
- Heineken® continues to integrate its responsible consumption program into all UEFA Champions League sponsorship activities.
- Every stadium hosting a UEFA Champions League match features “Enjoy Responsibly” on one of its three perimeter boards around the pitch, complementing the regular Heineken® boarding.
- In addition, an Enjoy Heineken® responsibly 5-second match bumper broadcasts several times during UEFA Champions League matches with an estimated audience of 150 million viewers per match week.
To follow Heineken® on Twitter visit https://twitter.com/heineken_TZ and to become a fan on Facebook, go to www.facebook.com/heineken. To view videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/heineken.